A space where the past, present, and future of East Tennessee’s queer and trans communities come together.
To collect, preserve, and share East Tennessee’s LGBTQ+ history and culture.
We are recording stories of LGBTQ+ folks who have connections to East Tennessee.
We are collecting all types of LGBTQ+ keepsakes including newspaper clippings, newsletters, t-shirts, buttons, posters, flyers, art, photos, and videos.
All recordings and artifacts will be preserved in UT Libraries Special Collections for community members, students, historians, and researchers to use. Select recordings and artifacts will also be posted online with the permission of the donors.
- Record the stories of LGBTQ+ folks with connections to East Tennessee.
- Collect and preserve LGBTQ+ related artifacts, memorabilia, and keepsakes and make them available for the community to use.
- Promote the importance of preserving LGBTQ+ historical materials and making them available for future generations to access, research, & study
- Promote the proper maintenance and preservation of LGBTQ+ materials by creating brochures, holding workshops, and providing consultations.
- Bring the community together around East Tennessee’s LGBTQ+ history such as panels, exhibits, community scanning days.
- Create timelines, bibliographies, exhibits, and research guides that promote awareness of East Tennessee’s LGBTQ+ history and culture.